e-RUPI Digital Payment : Today India is moving fast towards going cashless. Day by day, following the path of digital India by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, everything is going to be done digitally.
People of India have almost learned to use paytm, payphone, google pay nowadays. Today we are going to tell you about a new cash less software. Yes, we are talking about the new cashless software e-RUPI among you.
e-RUPI has been launched by Prime Minister Modi on 2nd August. It is designed according to a different facility. This system is completely cash lash which you can also redeem as gift voucher.
How does e-RUPI work?
e-RUPI is run by its partner bank National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) with the help of its UPI Platform. Any government or non-government organizations can issue UPI id through e-Rupee.
Now you must be thinking that it works in a smartphone, so understand that it is a cashless system developed from such a technology that also works through sms services.
How does e-RUPI benificial for the customer?
e-RUPI does not require the beneficiary to have a bank account, which is a major distinguishing feature as compared to other digital payment forms. This ensures an easy, contact less two-step redemption process that does not even require sharing of personal information.
Another advantage is that e-RUPI works even on basic phones, and hence can be used by people who do not have a smartphone or in places where there is no internet connection.
What are the benefits of e-RUPI for sponsors?
e-RUPI will play a major role in strengthening Direct Benefit Transfer and making it more transparent. Since, there is no need to issue the voucher physically, this will also lead to some cost savings.
Who has developed E-RUPI?
National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI), which oversees the digital payments ecosystem in India, has launched e-RUPI, a voucher based payment system to promote cashless transactions.
It has been developed in collaboration with the Department of Economy, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare and National Health Authority.
Which bank issues e-RUPI?
NPCI has partnered with 11 banks for e-RUPI transactions. They are Axis Bank, Bank Of Baroda, Canera Bank, HDFC Bank, ICCI Bank, Indian Bank, Indusland Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Punjab National Bank, SBI and Union Bank of India.
The apps to acquire are BharatPe, BHIM Baroda Merchant Pe, PINE Lab, PNB Merchant Pe and YONO SBI Merchant Pe.
Important Points of e-RUPI
Here we are going to tell you 10 important points about e-RUPI in detail:
- This is a platform that is completely digital, that is, through this we can make online payments.
- One important feature with many features is that you can use this as an electronic gift voucher through this platform.
- This platform was launched by the National Payments Corporation of India on 2 August.
This platform has been made completely cashless and contentless.
- It is built completely based on the platform i.e. e-RUPI, QR Scanner and SMS.
The voucher inside it can be sent directly to the beneficiary’s mobile.
- The beneficiary can use the voucher only at a specific location.
- It promotes absolutely leak-proof delivery of welfare services.
- In a way, e-RUPI can be a prepaid payment method.
- e-RUPI is designed to be simple and secure so that one can easily understand this technology.
- It is a digital payment in which payment can be made without using the app without a card.
- To begin with NPCI has tied up with more than 1,600 hospitals where e-RUPI can be redeemed.