Khatu Shyam Mandir Rajasthan Sikar Timing: Khatu Shyam Mandir is a revered shrine located in Khatu town of Sikar district, Rajasthan. Dedicated to the Hindu God Krishna, it is an important pilgrimage site for devotees of Lord Krishna and attracts thousands of devotees every year from all over India.
The temple was constructed during the reign of Maharaja Raghunath Singh who belonged to the royal family of Jaipur. It is believed that the idol inside the temple was installed by Samrat Vikramaditya who ruled nearly 5000 years ago. The temple complex also houses a well-known Shiva Lingam called ‘Shyam Kund’ which is worshipped by devotees along with Krishna’s idol.
This holy shrine symbolizes the exemplary devotion of Shri Shyam Baba and his kind heartedness towards the poor and needy. In order to pay homage to Baba’s compassionate nature, devotees offer alms to beggars on this day. Every year during Holi, a grand fair is organized near Khatu Shyam Mandir which continues for nine days. Devotees flock from all over India just to witness this amazing event and be blessed by Lord Krishna’s divine presence.
Khatu Shyam Mandir Rajasthan Sikar Timing
Khatu Shyam Mandir is one of the most popular religious sites in Rajasthan, located in Sikar district. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna and houses a large statue of Lord Shyam, an incarnation of Krishna. The temple draws in thousands of devotees every year who come from all around India to seek blessings from Lord Shyam.
Khatu Shyam Mandir remains open for visitors every day from 4:30 AM to 9:30 PM. Devotees can perform aarti, offer prayers and perform special rituals at the temple during opening hours. Pilgrims can also take part in special prayer ceremonies that take place on different days throughout the year such as Shravan Somvar (Monday), Krishana Janmashtmi (August/September) and Sankranti (January/February).
The main entrance to Khatu Shyam Mandir is adorned with beautiful sculptures of various gods and goddesses. Inside the complex, there are several small temples that are dedicated to other gods and goddesses like
Ganesha, Radha-Krishna, Hanuman and Lakshmi. There are also many stalls selling prasad, spiritual items and souvenirs around the temple area. For those wishing to stay overnight or for a few days near Khatu Shyam Mandir, numerous hotels and guesthouses are available nearby where they can find comfortable accommodations at reasonable prices.
Apart from its spiritual significance, Khatu Shyam Mandir has become an iconic tourist attraction in Rajasthan due to its magnificent architecture and beautiful location amidst lush green hills. Here are some points about Khatu Shyam Mandir:
• The original temple structure was built nearly 200 years ago and underwent several renovations in subsequent years.
• The walls of the temple complex have beautiful carvings depicting scenes from Hindu scriptures like Mahabharata, Ramayana etc.
• A big flagpole called ‘Dhwaj Stambh’ stands at the entrance gate which signifies prosperity & progress for the region as per ancient beliefs.
• An annual fair (Mela) takes place near this temple complex every year during Holi celebrations where devotees gather in large numbers for darshan & blessings from Lord Krishna’s idol housed inside Khatu Shyam Temple .
• Devotee’s seeking blessings must follow certain rituals like taking a dip in nearby ponds first hand offering prayers to Lord Shiva & then proceeding towards main sanctum sanctorum for Darshan of Lord Krishna .
• Besides religious activities, many cultural events such as folk dance performances are held during mela time adding to its grandeur and charm even further .